Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New Mission President

President Chipman and his wife finished their mission and went home Saturday.  Our new mission president is President Rowley.  I haven't met him yet.  President Chipman was a great mentor and friend, and I hope to visit him sometime after my mission.

The weather here in Paita is pretty nice.  Sometimes it is even a little cool, since we are right on the coast.  It is never cold and when the sun it out, it is hot.  But this is winter, so we are enjoying the lower temps.  I have a great companion and we like studying and serving together.

Last week I was able to give a blessing to a sister missionary who had been frightened by a scary experience.  I didn't really know all the details, but as District Leader I was asked to bless her.  I remembered receiving comfort from blessings my father had given me throughout my life, and so I earnestly prayed to be able to  provide that same comfort.  I felt a powerful Spirit inspiring my words and I was grateful for the experience--and for my dad's example.

No comments:

Post a Comment