Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New City!

I've been transferred out of Piura for the first time!  Now I am in Paita, a city about an hour away from Piura.  I'm in a branch called Pescador, which means "fisherman."  It's a port.  Everyone here is a fisher.  Or they are factory workers.  There is a lot of poverty in the area, and sometimes it is known for riots among workers.  We'll see how it goes.  Our branch has many good members but we do lack enough priesthood leadership to do everything that needs to be done.  The branch president is a good guy, even if he is inexperienced, and he only has one counselor.  I'm excited, though, to do my best to help this branch mature and expand.  I'll try to do something good in the time I may have here.  I'm learning about attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment