Monday, January 16, 2012

Staying in Piura for now

The heat is still pretty bad, although recently it's been decently cloudy. My companion and I take showers at night now because we can't stand going to bed sticky. Still, I'm pretty used to heat now, so it's okay.
A youth named Walter came to church last week with his cousin and attended a baptism and was interested. We visited him Tuesday, and Wednesday, and Thursday, and Friday, and he was interviewed Saturday and baptized Sunday (Jan. 15th). It was a big surprise, but it was neat. After that I felt ready for transfers no matter what, but this morning I was told that I'll be continuing as District Leader here, and that's it. My companion stays, too, so tomorrow there aren't any changes for us. It's just as well. The ward's been picking up momentum. Yesterday, two companionships baptized, and last week all three had one baptism each. Next week there should be 2 more and if we can keep things up at this rate it'll be all very good.  So, when I hit my one-year mark next week, I will have been in the same city my entire mission!

Walter's Baptism on January 15th

The woman forgot to smile, but we really were all happy on this baptism, Jan. 7th!


No comments:

Post a Comment